Top Best Cheap Refrigerators in India 2020-Buyer’s Guide and Reviews
Friends, festival season is coming and there is a sale all around. Are you looking to buy a new Top Best Cheap
Refrigerator this year? Then grab the discounts up to 50%.
Do you have any idea which is the best and cheap refrigerator? Like other electronics, you cannot just buy a refrigerator just by its name or brand.
You should have a detailed knowledge of each refrigerator and their brands. So without wasting your time
The Best cheap refrigerators not only provides you with cold drinking water but also helps you to keep all your vegetables and other eatables, fresh and nutritious.
You will also be confused to see so many brands and companies manufacturing all types of washing machines.
So among these which one to buy according to your needs? So, this buyer’s guide will help you to find the Best Cheap Refrigerator in India 2020.
Also, you can read the reviews of real customers and then buy the one having good reviews and ratings.
Types of Best Cheap Refrigerators in India
Do you know a simple refrigerator can become complicated if you know its kind? You might have heard of or might have even seen them or even possess one of this kind.
But if not then you must be enthusiastic to know as it is necessary to first decide the Best refrigerator for your home according to your requirement and then opt to buy.
These are the following types of best cheap refrigerators available in the market:
I. Single Door Refrigerators:
These refrigerators usually have a capacity of less than 250 L. They are best for a bachelor are a family not more than four. These refrigerators work on the ‘Direct Cool Technology’ and requires frequent manual defrost.
Below is the list of Top 3 Best Cheap Single Door Refrigerators India 2020
1). LG 190 L 5 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single Door Refrigerator
- Comes with Smart Inverter Compressor Technology
- 5 BEE Star Rating
- Smart Connect feature allows you to connect your refrigerator with the home inverter, in case of a long-time power cut.
- Direct Cool refrigerators make ice very fast
- The shelves are of toughened glass that can hold heavy food items.
- It comes with an Anti-bacterial gasket which is easy to clean.
- No stabilizer is needed.
2). Samsung 192 L 4 Star Inverter Direct Cool Single Door Refrigerator
Samsung 192 L 4 Star Single Door Refrigerator
Key Features :
- Energy efficient
- Less noise and durable
- Have built-in stabilizer so no need for external stabilizer
- These features similar to a double door with direct cool technology to keep your fruits, vegetables, etc cool and fresh.
- It has enough storage space to keep your stuff cool.
- Has spacious compartments.
- Also, has a separate section for frosting.
- This refrigerator has an ergonomic design to place in your kitchen or your living place.
3). Whirlpool 190 L 3 Star Direct-Cool Single-door Refrigerator
- It is the all-new IceMagic Pro range powered by Intellisense Inverter Technology and an advanced microprocessor.
- The IntelliFrost Technology defrosts automatically with the help of a temperature sensor.
- All new Plasma Inverter Technology with plasma-treated compressors gives you 25 years of compressor reliability.
- Automatically gets connected to home inverter thus giving consisting cooling.
- Has 4-in-1 cooling modes: Fast Ice, Quick Chill, every day & Power saver cater to your everyday needs.
- This refrigerator is powered by Zeolite technology which helps in preserving all the nutrients and also maintains the vegetables to stay garden fresh for up to 12 days*.
- The magic chiller ensures that your milk & milk products do not spoil even after 12 hours* of a continuous power cut.
- Makes ice very fast due to the advanced Insulated Capillary Technology and powerful compressor
Pros & Cons of Single Door Refrigerators
So, all good things have some bad aspects also. If a single door refrigerator is good at some points so there are some disadvantages also which you should keep into consideration before making your final decision.
You can Also Read About: Microwave Accessories-Best Cheap Low Price in India 2019
II. Double Door Refrigerators
Double door refrigerators, as compared with the single door refrigerators are bigger in size. They have a separate door for the freezer and a separate door for the fridge compartment.
Therefore, due to the double doors, the fridge compartment remains cool for a longer time if there is a power cut for a longer period of time.
Below is the list of Top 3 Best Cheap Double Door Refrigerators India 2020
1). Samsung 415 L 4 Star Frost Free Double Door Refrigerator
- Auto defrost
- Suitable for families having 5 or more members
- 4 BEE Star rating
- Has door alarm
- Stainless steel finish
- Twin Cooling Plus
- Inverter Compressor Technology
- Less noise & more durable
- Energy Saver
- Smart Connect inverter
- Inbuilt stabilizer
- Convertible mode feature easily converts your freezer into a fridge and vice-versa when needed.
- Moist Fresh Zone controls the air circulation in order to maintain optimal humidity.
- The slider shelves make easy for you to reach food at the back
- Toughened glass shelves can hold up to 150 kg of food
- Long-lasting LED light gives light at every corner of the interior of the fridge.
- 10 years warranty on the compressor
2). Whirlpool 265 L 4 Star Inverter Double-Door Refrigerator
- 4 BEE Star rating
- Convertible freezer with 5 in 1 mode
– All Season Mode
– Chef Mode
– Desert Mode
– Party Mode
– Deep freeze mode
- Intelligent Inverter Technology
- Automatically connects to home inverter
- Get up to 15 days of garden fresh vegetables due to the Zeolite Technology
- The crisper comes with the honey-comb moisture lock-in technology which condenses the evaporated moisture from the food and thus maintains freshness.
- Freshonizer reduces oxidation and maintains the freshness of fruits and vegetables.
- MicroBlock technology prevents up to 99 % bacterial growth thus keeps fruits and vegetables fresh for long.
- The fresh flow air tower is designed and vents are strategically placed which let out cool and fresh air into different sections of the refrigerator providing cooling for long-lasting freshness.
3). LG 260 L 4 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double-Door Refrigerator
- The linear cooling feature reduces the temperature gap between the different portions of the refrigerator, thus gives uniform cooling and keeps food fresh up to 14* days.
- Inverter Linear Compressor gives more precise temperature control and reduces internal temperature fluctuations.
- Saves energy by 51 %
- Reduces noise by 25 %
- The Door Cooling+ feature provides airflow in the door area.
- Dual Fridge Converter helps in converting the fridge into the freezer and vice versa when required.
- Auto Smart Connect feature helps in connecting your fridge to home inverter whenever the power goes off.
- 2L bottles can be kept in the door of the LG refrigerator
- A special lattice-type vegetable box cover prevents forming excess moisture while retaining just the correct amount of moisture required to keep vegetables and fruits fresh
Pros & Cons of Double Door Refrigerators
So, all good things have some bad aspects also. If a double door refrigerator is good at some points so there are some disadvantages also which are:
III. Triple Door Refrigerators
Below is the list of Top 3 Best Cheap Double Door Refrigerators India 2019
1). Whirlpool 300 L Frost Free Multi-Door Refrigerator
- Frost Free & Auto-defrost feature is available
- Comes with Moisture Retention Technology which makes the cool airflow around all the compartments separately and keeps the food fresh
- 3 Door advantages give you
-more store space
-no odor mixing
- Consumes less energy even less than a CFL bulb, thus it is the most energy-efficient refrigerator in its class
- Zeolite technology keeps vegetables and fruits garden fresh for long
- This refrigerator comes with a customized cooling technology for storing delicacies like cheese, chocolates, milk and other dairy products.
- MicroBlock Technology prevents up to 99 % bacterial growth thus keeps fruits and vegetables fresh for long.
- Air booster controls the cold air circulation such that each compartment receives uniform cooling.
- There is a separate storage zone for fruits which prevents odor mixing with other eatables.
- Ice twister easily collects ice cubes inside the ice tray by twisting action.
2). Whirlpool 330 L Frost-Free Multi-Door Refrigerator
- Frost-free multi-door refrigerators give you better cooling retention
- No odor mixing
- Provides up to 32 L storage space
- This comes with 2x freshness and 6th sense active fresh technology.
- Bottom drawer for fruits and vegetables
- Zeolite Technology
- Air boosters, ice-twisters, inbuilt stabilizers, moisture retention technology, and many more
- This refrigerator is energy efficient as it consumes lesser electric power than a CFL
- MicroBlock prevents 99 % bacterial growth.
- It comes with customized cooling technology.
3). Whirlpool 240 L Frost-Free Multi-Door Refrigerator
- Frost-free refrigerator with multi doors
- No mixing of odors, better cooling retention, and up to 32 L storage space.
- Zeolite technology keeps fruits and vegetables fresh for longer.
- Comes with special features like moisture retention technology, air boosters, ice twisters and collector, inbuilt stabilizers.
- MicroBlock prevents up to 99 % bacterial growth
- A separate storage zone for fruits thus, it prevents odor mixing with other eatables
Pros & Cons of Triple Door Refrigerators
So, all good things have some bad aspects also. If a triple door refrigerator is good at some points so there are some disadvantages also which you should keep into consideration before making your final decision.
IV. Side-by-side refrigerators
The multiple cooling air vents distribute and circulate the cool air to every corner of the refrigerator, making all food items properly cooled.
Below are the top 3 best side by side refrigerators in India 2020.
1). BPL 564 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- Auto defrost enables to stop ice-build up
- Toughened glass shelves
- External cold water dispenser on the freezer door
- An in-built LED touch panel helps in controlling temperature settings.
- Comfortable to use
- It comes with easy to pull out drawers with surplus storage capacity.
- 1-yr warranty on the product and 5 yrs warranty on the compressor
- Functions super silently
- The multi-airflow system helps in maintaining an even temperature.
- Each shelf has individual vents that circulate cool air throughout the refrigerator
2). LG 687 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- It comes with an Inverter linear compressor, thus helps in saving 51 % of electricity.
- Reduces noise by 25 %.
- Best for large families more than 5 members
- Multiple cooling air vents circulate the cool refrigerator sir to all corners.
- Multi digital sensors help in monitoring both internal and external temperatures which in turn helps in keeping quality of food for long.
- Better storage capacity.
- The express freezer helps to freeze the edibles faster.
- SmartThinQ feature controls all your home appliances from anywhere.
3). Samsung 810 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator
- Touch Screen refrigerator
- Frost Free and auto defrost feature available
- Inverter Compressor technology makes it energy efficient
- Less noise and more durable
- 1-yr product warranty and 10 yrs on compressor
- There are 3 internal cameras from which you can view inside the refrigerator without opening the door from anywhere easily from your smartphone.
- Shopping is done efficiently as you can use the screen to add items to your shopping list. If you synchronize the list to your phone then you can check with it when you are out in the store
- You can also watch your favorite TV programs while you are cooking as it displays whatever is showing on your home smart TV or on your mobile phone.
- The high-quality speaker will fill your kitchen with studio sound.
- You can keep your refrigerator connected with other smart appliances on the Family Hub screen and keep your home safe.
- The revolutionary triple cooling system controls and optimizes the temperature and prevents odor mixing in 3 compartments with one another.
- You can also record any family upcoming event or any reminder on the Screen of the refrigerator which can be updated by your smartphone
Pros & Cons of Side-By-Side Door Refrigerators
So, all good things have some bad aspects also. If a side-by-side refrigerator is good at some points so there are some disadvantages also which are:
How to choose the best cheap refrigerator?
So, this is the major and one of the most important factors which you should know before you can choose the
Buy a refrigerator according to your family size and your eating habits.
II. BEE Energy Efficiency Rating
The performance of any electric appliance can be judged by seeing the sticker of the Energy Saving Guide on it. This is the BEE Star Rating score.
According to the BEE Star Rating, an electric appliance having more stars automatically tells that its performance is good. The more the stars, the better is the performance.
So if the refrigerator has a 5 Star rating that means that it is more energy-efficient or in other words, it consumes less electricity.
Therefore, while choosing a refrigerator you should always check the BEE Star Rating of the particular brand. Buying a refrigerator with a decent BEE Star Rating will definitely prove to be economical in the long run.
III. Defrost Type:
The refrigerator is based on two types of defrosting types:
a) Direct cool technology and
b) Frost Free technology
|Details||Direct Cool||Frost Free|
|Saves Energy||More energy efficient||Less energy efficient
|Preservation of food||Less efficient||More Efficient|
|Cooling Type||By natural convection||By Electric fans|
IV. Inverter Compressor
Just as Inverter ACs, the Inverter Compressor Technology is the latest technology in refrigerators which helps in saving electricity.
The inverter technology optimizes the electricity consumption by regulating the power supply to the compressor. This technology is available only in single and double door refrigerators.
V. Size of a refrigerator
As the size of a refrigerator will increase, the consumption of electricity will also increase. According to the BEE Star rating increase in every Litre of the volume of the refrigerator increases power consumption by 0.5-1 units.
Thus, a 5 BEE star rated refrigerator of 350 L capacity consumes 50-100 units of electricity more than a 5 BEE Star rated refrigerator of 250 L capacity every year.
If you are in a hurry and do not have much time to spend on a market survey just to select the best refrigerator for your home then do read this till the end as it can help you to solve your problem.
Single Door Refrigerator:
If you want to buy a single door refrigerator, then I would like you to check => Whirlpool 200 L 4 Star Inverter Direct-Cool Single-Door Refrigerator, as this would be the best option. It has a 4 BEE star rating and has the latest inverter technology and will keep your refrigerator up to 12 hours of cooling retention even during power cuts
Double door Refrigerators:
If you want to buy double door refrigerators, then I would like you to check this => Whirlpool 265 L 4 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double-Door Refrigerator, as this would be the best option. It has a 4 Bee star rating and has an Active Deo which keeps the refrigerator environment fresh and odor-free
Higher capacity Double Door Refrigerators:
If your need is to buy a high capacity refrigerator then check this => LG 335 L 4 Star Inverter Frost-Free Double-Door Refrigerator, which would be the right choice. This has a 4 BEE star rating and is a dual fridge which helps to convert the freezer into fridge within 68 minutes
Triple or Multi door refrigerators:
If you want to buy a triple or multi-door refrigerator then check this =>Whirlpool 330 L Frost-Free Multi-Door Refrigerator, as this would be the correct choice. This refrigerator is energy efficient as it consumes lesser electric power than a CFL.
If you want a side by side refrigerator then check this => LG 687 L Frost Free Side-by-Side Refrigerator, this would be the correct choice. The multiple cooling air vents distribute and circulate the cool air to every corner of the refrigerator so that all food items are properly cooled
Finally, friends, I would like to ask whether you liked this article on ‘ Top Best Cheap Refrigerators in India 2020-Buyer’s Guide and Reviews’.
I hope you enjoyed reading it and if yes, then please leave your expert comments regarding this article in the box below and also tell whether this helped you in deciding any refrigerator or not. Please do let us know.
Thank you for reading
Also, check our article on ‘Top 5 Best Selling DSLR Cameras under 30000 India 2020-Buyer’s Guide’